Welcome to a new kind of freedom, and a new kind of online public school.
Traditional school isn’t always the right fit. Now there’s a better way to get a great public school education, with the freedom you need to succeed.
Insight Schools is different because it brings a tuition-free individualized public school experience within your reach in an online environment. It meets today’s students right where they already are: online. It’s a public school offering:
- A rigorous curriculum with more than 120 courses to choose from including:
- Foundation courses
- Comprehensive, or core courses
- Elective courses
- Honors and AP (Advanced Placement) courses
- Vocational and skill-building courses
- Experienced state-certified teachers that know how to inspire
- A diploma recognized by colleges and universities nationwide
- Options to earn college credit while completing your high school graduation requirements at Insight
- A program designed around each student’s goals, needs and learning style
- Access for both students and parents to our teachers and Advisors so everyone can see progress, together.
Complete course catalog and descriptions for Insight School of Minnesota:
Now part of the K¹² family of online schools, Insight offers an extensive course catalog – Aventa Learning by K12.
*Note:some courses may not be available at Insight School of Minnesota
A chance to focus on a quality education free of distractions.
Students today face many challenges, not all of them helpful.
- We recognize that each student learns best at their own pace, in their own way, and in a location that’s most comfortable for them.
- Insight gives every student the chance to excel without many of the distractions common in schools today.
- Insight students attend class online, from anywhere they feel most comfortable.
When students don’t have to cope as much with peer pressure, bullies, or living up to labels (to cite a few examples), they’re better able to focus on learning and achieving, and less on surrounding drama or other distractions
All the support you need to make school work for you and your future.
Insight Schools combines state-of-the-art online teaching techniques with experienced, state-certified teachers to create an environment where students feel engaged, empowered, and challenged.
- Insight provides coursework and assignments that leverage the online learning environment by incorporating audio, video, live chat, and group interactions to make learning interactive, interesting and effective.
- Pathfinder, our College and Career planning tool, helps students prepare for life beyond high school—whether that means college or a future career.
- Our interactive virtual classroom sessions include one-on-one student-teacher meetings, live instructional sessions, a national speaker series and more.
- Insight students have extensive access to one-on-one time with teachers and Advisors.
Start well and stay on track
Everything you need to start and finish strong.
Insight uses an online placement tool called Scantron to better understand your current reading, language and math skills. It’s a great way to help you chart a path to success, right from the start. Benefits include:
- Appropriate course placement
- Identifying your strengths and areas of opportunity, so you enjoy a more individualized educational experience
- A consistent way to chart your progress in reading, language and math
Our Advisors and online resource tools help you get on track, and stay on track:
- Advisors guide you on an individualized learning path specific to your needs and goals. Through weekly contact, they offer time management and study skills assistance, connect you to appropriate academic support and engagement activities, and help you stay on track for graduation.
- Pathfinder—a great College and Career planning tool. Pathfinder offers a host of valuable resources to help you succeed at Insight including:
- Interactive planning tools: test prep, financial aid information, scholarship searches and resume building
- Communication tools
- College search tools: customized searches, side-by-side college comparisons and videos, acceptance history scattergrams and more
- Centralized student tracking of important documentation